New Year’s Eve is a once in a year day, when people celebrate the
fresh start of a new year. On this day, some hope for a new beginning, some
over look the past year with its sad memories or miseries, and wish for a
better start, while others hope for a year as good or better as the previous
one. Consequently, people always tend to think about the intriguing thought of
a fresh start, or a new beginning, so the first thing that comes to mind is a
resolution. However, I object the mentalities of those who await the end of a
year, or the beginning of another, to decide to change, or improve, something
they thought necessary, or those who wish to turn the page, and never look
back, make amends, rediscover themselves, or even redefine who they are, in
order to serve themselves, the people they care about or their communities
righteously. Evidentially, that is because I believe we don’t need a new year,
just a date written down on the calendar, everyday to me is a new beginning, a
new, and fresh start. For that reason, we shouldn’t waste our lives waiting for
a new year to take a step forward, defining who we are, or our relationships
with others. Life is short, we are meant to spend every minute doing what we
believe fits it the most. In consequence, I do not have a new year’s
resolution, since I do not believe in its existence. I tend to take decisions,
or have a resolution whenever I think it is necessary, meaning I don’t waste my
life feeling incomplete, confused, or in need of change, and do nothing about
it. That to me is considered as an excuse, meant to hide weaknesses, pretending
I’m just waiting for the right day, the right moment, or the right place to
take another step forward. There is no better time for change.
No comments:
Post a Comment